Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My First Road Trip



Hi everyone - it's me, Benjamin.  Mom thought it was about time that I share my thoughts so here goes...
My mom and Grandma took me on my first road trip up to Grand Rapids, MN to visit Grand-Aunt Jeanne and Grand-Uncle Ron.  They are my Grand-Aunt and Uncle because they are like a third set of grandparents to me.  My mom was actually named after Grand-Uncle Ron!  I did real well in the car - it was a three hour trip and I only made them stop once!  Once we got there, we saw that Grand-Aunt Jeanne has a basinette all set up for me to sleep in with a blanket and teddy bear - they were ready for me!  I sure enjoyed cuddling with them and telling them all my stories.  I even managed a few smiles.  I hear they live on a lake and in the summer all the ice goes away and they have a boat.  I got a lifejacket from them for Christmas - it doesn't quite fit me yet but if I keep growing like I do it will soon.  I can't wait to go visit them again!  
It's time for a nap now.  Sleeping at night is going good for me and my mom and dad.  I have actually managed to sleep for about 5 hours at a time a few nights.  Talk to you all again soon!

No comments: