Saturday, May 31, 2008

A post from Grandma and Grandpa

Please read to me Grandma.

I love this part!

Grandpa, what nice dinosaurs they have in Oregon!

How does this thing work Grandma?

Bet you can't suck your toes like me Grandma!!

Grandma, Grandpa said I could pick your flowers - is that OK?

What a cool toy Grandpa, when do I get one of these?

Let me take you for a ride Grandpa!

Ronni and Chris are in Seattle for a much needed few days alone and we have been entrusted to care for Mr. Benjamin while they are away. What a treat for us! We think he's the most beautiful baby in the world and a true blessing to both of us. He's just so good all the time. He hardly ever fusses and is full of big smiles all the time. He makes our hearts sing! I can see a lot of his mommy in him - his easy disposition and affection. He's going to be tall and thin like his daddy. (A terrific combination.)

It's been a LONG time since we've had a little one in our house and neither Grandpa or I slept very well wondering if we would hear Benjamin if he woke in the night. I jumped up at 4:00 a.m. to check on him and found him sleeping well in his crib. At least he got in a good night's rest!

We love watching him explore his world and try to figure things out. He loves his hands and when they're not in his mouth or trying to put a toy in his mouth, he examines them carefully. He's so curious and isn't frightened by noises. He studies everything patiently. I think he's going to be very smart (as you would expect a proud Grandma to say).

We're also very proud of Chris and Ronni. They're a wonderful team and are providing Benjamin with a loving and secure environment. We'll be sad to see them return to MN, but know that we'll see them all in a week for Benjamin's baptism.

No comments: